Important: This section assumes you have had your pre-operative consultation
- If you chose to have intravenous sedation, PLEASE DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING, INCLUDING WATER, for at least six hours before your appointment. If you take medications regularly, you may take them with small sips of water. Also, any medications prescribed to you by our office should be taken with small sips of water as discussed above.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing with short sleeves or sleeves that can easily be rolled up above both elbows.
- If you have intravenous sedation, A RESPONSIBLE PERSON MUST ACCOMPANY YOU AND TAKE YOU HOME. We prefer that your escort accompany you to the office so that we can let him/her know when you will be ready to leave the office and give them appropriate instructions.
- Your mouth and teeth should be well cleansed to help avoid infection.
- Do not ignore a head or chest cold when oral surgery is to be performed. Please call the office if you have any symptoms, as an appointment change may be necessary.
- If you are going to have local anesthesia (Novocain) only, you may eat prior to your appointment and do not need somebody to accompany you to the office.
Call our office (603-436-8222) with any questions about preparing for your oral surgery procedure.